- The zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 2 Free Range Ethical Eggs
- To a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, add the lemon zest, juice, sugar and butter, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted.
- Beat an egg using a fork or whisk, then stir the beaten egg into the lemon, sugar and butter mixture. Continue to whisk the mixture over a gentle heat for around 10 minutes, until the it becomes thick like custard.
- Sieve the mixture into a jug, removing any traces of zest. The mixture can be poured into a jar, cooled and kept for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Be sure to sterilise your jar first, to keep your lemon curd delicious and fresh!