- 4 Free Range Ethical Eggs, hard boiled
- 50g wholemeal bread
- 2 packs sausages
- 1–2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 Free Range Ethical Eggs, beaten
- Put four eggs into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 5-6 minutes, then plunge into cold water for another 4 minutes. Carefully peel and set aside.
- Put the bread into a food processor and blitz into fine crumbs. Tip the breadcrumbs onto a wide plate.
- Skin the sausages. It’s less messy if the meat is still frozen. Mix together the sausage meat, curry powder and dried herbs into a food processor. Season and blend until fairly smooth. Transfer to a bowl and divide the mixture into 4 portions.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Flatten a portion of the mixture in your right hand and, with your left hand, take an egg and wrap the mince around it until it’s fully encased. Repeat for the remaining 3 boiled eggs.
- Beat the remaining eggs and dip each Scotch egg in the beaten egg, then roll in the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Place the Scotch eggs in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Eat hot, or cool completely on kitchen paper and then cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.