- 135g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 Free Range Ethical Egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 x 100g Monty Bojangles chocolate truffle boxes, of your choice
- Into a large bowl, sift the plain flour, salt and baking powder, then whisk the milk and egg together in a separate jug or bowl.
- Add the milk and egg mixture to the flour bowl, then beat into a smooth batter using a fork, before leaving it to stand for a few minutes.
- Whilst the batter stands, place a medium, heat-proof glass bowl over a small saucepan of water, and bring the pan to the boil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and melt a large knob of butter, equal to around 2 tablespoons. Once the butter has melted, add a ladle of pancake batter.
- As your batter begins to cook, add the contents of 2 boxes Monty Bojangles truffles to the glass bowl (the remaining box will be for decoration) and gently melt the truffles. Stir occasionally with a spatula to prevent the chocolate from burning onto the bowl. Keep an eye on the pan of batter, ready to flip your pancakes!
- When your batter begins to turn golden brown and the top bubbles a little, use a spatula to flip over your pancake. It should rise to around 1cm or ½ inch thick, for the perfectly fluffy texture!
- Repeat steps 3 to 5, until you have used up the batter.
- To serve, stack and drizzle your pancakes with the molten Monty Bojangles chocolate sauce and decorate with the remaining truffles. If you fancy glamming up your pancake stack even more, fruits, such as blueberries, strawberries or raspberries, add a beautiful burst of freshness to the silky, melted truffles.