- 2 Free Range Ethical Eggs, fridge cold
- 200g Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- A few fronds of fresh dill, chopped
- Jason’s Sourdough Grains & Seeds Ciabattin loaf, to serve
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Place the yoghurt into a heatproof bowl, large enough to sit over the pan, and stir in the garlic and salt. Place the bowl over the pan, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water. Stir until it reaches body temperature and has the consistency of lightly whipped double cream. Turn off the heat, leaving the bowl over the pan.
- Melt the butter gently in a small saucepan until golden brown. Turn the heat off, then stir in the oil, followed by the hot smoked paprika and set aside.
- Fill a wide saucepan with water and place over a medium heat.
- Line a large plate with kitchen paper.
- Gently tip each egg into its own small cup or ramekin and pour 1 teaspoon of lemon juice onto it, aiming for the white.
- When the poaching water is just starting to simmer, gently slide in the eggs, one on each side of the pan. Turn the heat right down so there is no movement in the water, and poach the eggs for 3-4 minutes, until the whites are set, and the yolks are still runny. Transfer the eggs to the lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Divide the warm, creamy yoghurt between two shallow bowls, top each with a poached egg, pour over the butter mixture, scatter the chopped dill on top and eat with the warmed sourdough.